NH-BMT Program: A leader in hematopoeitic stem cell therapy
- For the past twelve consecutive years (2009-2020)* the Program’s related and unrelated allogeneic donor one year survival outcomes have been among the BEST in the country and the ONLY program that has exceeded predicted one year allogenic transplant survival in the nation for these twelve consecutive years*.
- NH BMT is the largest Allogeneic program in the state of Georgia and the only transplant center to exceed survival outcomes.
- Provides compassionate and personalized care
- Leading edge clinical research trials available so patients do not have to travel to receive treatment – Refer to Cooperative Group Affiliations
- A BMTGA physician is on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please call (404-255-1930).
- Satisfaction survey results consistently above the 90th percentile for physician care, nursing care and overall hospital experience.**
- In the top percentage nationally for transplant volumes
- Among the Best Matched Unrelated Donor (MUD) survival outcome data in the United States (www.bethematch.org) with actual one -year survival rate for 2020 is 80.8%.
- NH-BMT is one of twenty national BMT CTN Programs in the nation and the ONLY lead consortium site in Georgia.
- Only transplant center in Georgia to collaborate with Dana Farber Cancer Institute’s Innovative Research Partnership: Blood Cancer Research Partnership (BCRP)
The NH–BMT Program meets criteria of an excellent transplant center:
- BMT physician team who have completed post-hematology/oncology fellowship training in hematopoietic stem cell transplantation
- Highly trained BMT/Leukemia Team that includes a dedicated BMT health psychologist, social worker, clinical BMT PharmD.’s, nutritional services, physical therapy and chaplain services
- State-of-the-Art facilities
Referring physicians are important members of our team
- NH-BMT physicians will coordinate
state-of-the-art pre – post transplant care
with the referring physician.
- All transplant patients are routinely discharged post – transplant to the care of their referring physician.
- We believe the referring physician is an important partner in transitioning patients back to their families, community and a life of wellness.
- Comprehensive quality management program
- Among the BEST survival outcomes in United States
- Access to Clinical Trials
- NCI- NCORP: Northside Hospital Cancer Institute and Lewis Cancer and Research Pavilion have partnered with Georgia CORE to participate in NCORP. NCORP is a five year NCI grant which will provide cancer patients access to the latest NCI clinical trials in their local community.
*For the twelfth consecutive year (2009-20) NH-BMT achieved survival outcomes that significantly exceeded the expected range as reported in the Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research Final 2019 Transplant Center Specific Survival Report, December 14, 2020 and from reported outcome data from Be The Match®. There were 172 adult and pediatric transplant centers included in the analysis. This survival information includes only patients who received their first allogeneic transplant between January 1, 2016 and December 31, 2018 using unrelated or related donors and who had reported follow-up. Specific transplant center information can be found at bethematch.org.
**According to the 2015 Press Ganey HCAHPS Regulatory Survey