NSH-BMT Program: A leader in hematopoietic stem cell therapy
- For the past nine consecutive years (2009 – 2017**), the Program’s related and unrelated allogeneic donor one year survival outcomes have been among the BEST in the country.
- Provides compassionate and personalized care
- Leading edge clinical research trials available so patients do not have to travel to receive treatment – Refer to Cooperative Group Affiliations
- Satisfaction survey results consistently above the 90th percentile for physician care, nursing care and overall hospital experience.***
Choosing a blood and marrow transplant center can be a difficult and overwhelming decision. We hope that it will ease your mind and instill confidence that when having your transplant performed at Northside Hospital, you are in good hands. NSH-BMT is one of the most qualified and experienced transplant centers in the United States. The NSH–BMT Program meets the criteria of an excellent transplant center.*
- BMT physician team who have completed post-hematology/oncology fellowship training in hematopoietic stem cell transplantation
- Highly trained Team that includes a dedicated program health psychologist, social worker, clinical BMT PharmD’s, nutritional services, physical therapy and chaplain services
- State-of-the-Art facilities
- Comprehensive quality management program
- Among the BEST survival outcomes in United States
- One of only two adult BMT programs in the country, and the only adult BMT Program in Georgia, to achieve survival outcomes that significantly exceeded the expected survival rate for allogeneic and unrelated donor transplants for the last 9 consecutive reporting cycles (2009-2017). **
- BMTGA physicians will coordinate pre – post transplant care with your referring physician. Be assured treatment recommendations will be the most current and state-of-the-art.
- Access to cutting edge Clinical Trials so patients do not have to travel outside their community.
- Collaboration with Dana-Farber Cancer Institute on Innovative Research Partnership: This groundbreaking Blood Cancer Research Partnership (BCRP), dana-farber.org/BCRP, will bring clinical trial testing of innovative blood cancer therapies to community oncology settings across the country. NSH-BMT is one of ten sites who have been selected to participate in this prestigious partnership.
- NSH-BMT is one of twenty national BMT Programs and Program Consortia to be selected as a Core Clinical Center for the Blood and Marrow Transplant Clinical Trials Network (BMT CTN)
- NCI- NCORP: Northside Hospital Cancer Institute and Lewis Cancer and Research Pavilion have partnered with Georgia CORE to participate in NCORP. NCORP is a five year NCI grant which will provide cancer patients access to the latest NCI clinical trials in their local community.
* The American Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation, (ASBMT), The Foundation for Cellular Therapy, (FACT) and the National Marrow Donor Program (NMDP), are three bone marrow transplant governing organizations that provide patients and family members with detailed information on how to identify an excellent transplant center; outstanding survival outcomes, experienced/ trained staff, comprehensive quality management program, and state-of-the-art facilities.
**Reported outcome data from bethematch.org. This survival information includes only patients who received their first allogeneic transplant between January 1, 2013 and December 31, 2015 using unrelated or related donors, and who had reported follow-up. Final 2016 Transplant Center Specific Survival Report, December, 2017.
*** According to the 2015 Press Ganey HCAHPS Regulatory Survey