THE NORTHSIDE DIFFERENCE
- Patients receive seamless transitions of care from or Leukemia and Immunotherapy Programs enabling optimal timing for allogeneic transplants.
- Only attending BMT physicians take call after hours and on weekends.
- All BMT physicians focus on clinical patient care year-round.
- High ratio of BMT trained pharmacists-to-patients.
- Comprehensive Quality Management & Improvement Program allows for real-time implementation of changes to improve patient outcomes.
- Our pioneering clinical research, using partially HLA-matched (haploidentical0family donors, transpired donor available, especially for African American patients.
- Outstanding re-accreditation with the Foundation of Accreditation for Cellular Therapy (FACT) with no clinical deficiencies for the last six consecutive tri-annual inspections.
One hundred seventy three adult and pediatric transplant centers were included in the analysis of patients who received their first allogeneic transplant between January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2019 using unrelated or related donors and who had reported follow-up. The one-year survival of patients transplanted at Northside was 80.8%. Data was reported in the Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research Final 2021 Transplant Center Survival Report and from Be The Match®.
Northside was the ONLY adult BMT program in the U.S. that achieved survival outcomes that significantly exceeded their expected survival rate for the last 13 consecutive reporting cycles (2009 – 2021), is the largest Allogenic program in Georgia, and the ONLY transplant center in Georgia to exceed survival outcomes.
“The BMT Program at Northside is the largest allogeneic transplant program in Georgia,” said H. Kent Holland, M.D., medical director of The BMT Program at Northside Hospital Cancer Institute. “Our success is a direct reflection of the combined experience and expertise of the teams in our inpatient and outpatient BMT units, our stem-cell laboratory and blood donor center.”
Innovative treatments and research are major components of the BMT Program at Northside. Northside offers chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T-cell therapy and other immunotherapy treatment options including novel clinical research trials.