Lawrence E. Morris, M.D., is a board certified oncologist. He is Medical Director of both the Northside Hospital Leukemia Program and Northside Hospital Inpatient BMT Unit, and Apheresis Collection Facility Co-Director of Atlanta Blood Services. Dr. Morris is also a Northside Hospital Blood and Marrow Transplant and Leukemia Program physician. In 2016 – 2020, Dr. Morris was recognized as among Atlanta’s Top Doctors in his specialty by Castle Connolly.
- B.S. in Genetics, The University of Georgia
- M.D., The Medical College of Georgia
- Intern, Resident, and Chief Medical Resident, Department of Medicine, The Medical College of Georgia
- Fellowship in oncology/bone marrow transplantation, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT)
- FACT Inspector- national organization that inspects and accredits bone marrow transplant programs nationally
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Society of Hematology
- American College of Physicians
- American Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation
- Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy: Clinical Inspector
Past Academic Faculty Appointments
- Emory University-Assistant Professor of Medicine, Bone Marrow Transplant Program
- Authored and co-authored over 125 research articles and abstracts in peer-reviewed journals; Blood, Journal of Clinical Oncology, Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation, Bone Marrow Transplantation
Dr. Morris’ clinical research interests include the development of innovative therapies for leukemia and malignant blood disorders.