Unique features of the Unit include:
- 56 bed closed & isolated facility used exclusively by blood and marrow, leukemia and immunotherapy patients
- All private rooms with computerized electronic medical record documentation availability in each room
- State-of-the-Art infection prevention including:
- HEPA-filtered facility
- Negative pressure rooms with ante-rooms to prevent cross-contamination from patient with existing infections
- Seamless surfaces throughout Unit to eliminate colonization with infectious organisms
- Dedicated exercise room for patients and caregivers.
- Exercise room has a dedicated bathroom and shower.
- Specialized pharmacy with the capacity to mix chemotherapy/immunotherapy agents. Pharmacy utilizes a computerized medication administration record (MAR) to decrease/eliminate medication errors.
- Dedicated Family Room with computer access, internet accessibility and disease related literature.
Highly Trained and Dedicated Unit Staff
- Entire nursing staff OCN chemotherapy and ACLS certified
- Dedicated advanced practice providers
- Dedicated Ph.D. health psychologist
- Dedicated Licensed Master Social Worker
- Dedicated clinical PharmD’s
- Inpatient attending BMTGA physician on call 24 hrs. a day/7 days a week. No interns or residents are utilized by the Program.