The NSH-Leukemia Program offers patients the following:
- Prompt MD physician evaluation and diagnosis 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. Please call (404-255-1930) to refer a patient. –How to Refer a Patient.
- Access to state-of the-art clinical research trials; Johns Hopkins Oncology Center, National Cancer Institute (NCI), investigator initiated and biotechnology companies
- Onsite dedicated Hematopathologists – Team Members
- Flow Cytometry/Molecular Diagnostics and Hematopathology Laboratory – Facilities
- Access to onsite urgent apheresis support – AtlantaBloodServices
- New 56 bed HEPA-filtered closed inpatient unit solely dedicated to blood and marrow transplant, leukemia and other hematological malignancies/disorders- Facilities
- Dedicated RN leukemia clinical care coordinators
- Dedicated health psychologist – Team Members
- Dedicated social worker – Team Members
- Dedicated inpatient and outpatient staff specializing in care of patients with leukemia and related hematologic malignancies – Team Members
- Access to a highly experienced and dedicated blood and marrow transplant program/team –Team Members
- Outpatient care provided in a dedicated, HEPA-filtered clinic to provide maximum protection from infection – Facilities
- Blood Bank with a dedicated Blood Donor Center to fully support specialized transfusion requirements – Atlanta Blood Services
- Survivorship to help patients and family members during and after treatment.
Atlanta Blood Services’ Apheresis Team