- A BMTGA/Leukemia physician is on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Leukemia patients can be set up for a direct admission to the inpatient unit or a hospital transfer seven days a week
- Call (404)-255-1930
The leukemia RN clinical care coordinator will organize the outpatient consultation (if applicable), transfer of care (if applicable), inpatient hospitalization and post hospitalization care. The patient will meet with a BMTGA physician and various team members to discuss the biology of leukemia and various treatments options. Please refer to open leukemia clinical research trials.
A referring physician, patient, or family member may contact a NSH leukemia RN clinical care coordinator, or BMTGA physician, to discuss a potential referral, consultation, or hospital transfer.
- To initiate a hospital-to-hospital transfer and direct patient admission, a BMTGA physician will speak with the referring MD.
- If the patient is suitable for admission (both medically and financially), the leukemia RN clinical care coordinator will contact the referring physician or hospital to obtain medical records, patient demographic information, etc.
- At the time of referring physician phone call, and prior to hospital admission, Northside Hospital and the Blood and Marrow Transplant Group of Georgia financial coordinators will evaluate insurance benefits and will meet with the new leukemia patient during their hospitalization.
- The leukemia RN clinical care coordinator will contact the referring hospital to arrange transfer to the Northside Hospital Blood and Marrow Transplant, Leukemia, Immunotherapy inpatient unit. The leukemia RN clinical care coordinator will speak directly to the patient to give instructions for admission.
- The inpatient unit staff can also arrange expedited, hospital admisions/transfers, per the direction of BMTGA physician.
- Patients referred for an outpatient consultation will be given an appointment based on the time frame requested by their referring physician.