The Blood and Marrow Transplant Program at Northside Hospital is a collaboration between The Blood and marrow Transplant Group of Georgia (BMTGA) and Northside Hospital.
For questions, call (404)-255-1930
Asad Bashey, M.D., Ph. D.
Asad Bashey, M.D., Ph. D. is board certified in the subspecialties of medical oncology and hematology. He is the clinical research Medical Director for The Blood and Marrow Transplant Program at Northside Hospital. For 2013 and 2014 Dr.Bashey has been selected as a Castle Connolly Top Doctor in the field of Hematology.
- University of Dundee in Scotland, where he graduated with Commendation
- Residency training, University of Edinburgh, Scotland
- Fellowship training in bone marrow transplantation and leukemia therapy at the Hammersmith Hospital (Royal Postgraduate Medical School, now Imperial College School of Medicine) in London, UK.
- Awarded Ph.D. from the University of London for his research related to leukemia
- Completed further specialty training/BMT at University California, San Diego’s (UCSD) Moores Cancer Center in La Jolla, California
Past Academic Faculty Appointments
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Society of Hematology
- American Society of Blood and Marrow Transplantation
- UCSD Moores Cancer Center -Associate Professor: Clinical Director of the Bone Marrow Transplant Program and the Clinical Services Chief for the BMT Division.
- Authored and co-authored more than 115 research articles and abstracts in peer-reviewed journals and is the primary author of several books including "Non-Myeloblative Allogeneic Transplantation" (2002) and "100 Questions and Answers on Myeloma" (2nd edition 2009)
Dr. Bashey's clinical and research interests include novel approaches to allogeneic bone marrow transplantation, strategies for augmentation of the graft-versus-tumor effect after allogeneic transplantation, and stem cell mobilization. He has received major clinical research funding from the National Institutes of Health.